Friday, January 11, 2013

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

Pin It
A while back I made a BBQ chicken pizza. I'd been wanting to make one for a long time, though I'm not much of a BBQ fan. It was really good :)

I used my basic crust recipe. While it was rising, I made a sauce with a simple roux and some KC Masterpiece that Jamie keeps around. ( I only needed a little sauce, so the roux was just two teaspoons oil, two teaspoons flour, about 3/4 cup water and some BBQ sauce and red chili paste to taste. )

I took a leftover cooked chicken breast and cut it into pieces, then took a little water, a little sugar, and some more BBQ sauce and chili paste, and let the chicken simmer in there until it was glossy and starting to thicken.

I cut up some green onions, white onions, and then carmelized some of the white onion. I shredded some mozarella and swiss, mixed them together with some dried red chili flakes. I put the crust in the oven (400*) for about five minutes just to get the crust dried out a bit before adding the toppings. Then I spread a little of the sauce, then added a little bit of the cheese, then the chicken, then the raw onions, then the carmelized onions, and then the cheese. I do think it would have been better with some bleu cheese crumbles, but I didn't have any.

Anyway, it was good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment