Monday, December 17, 2012

Twice-baked Acorn Squash

Pin It

Another squash side dish I made recently was this twice-baked acorn squash. I halved the squash and cooked it, open-side down. Then I removed the seeds. I scraped the cooked squash into a bowl, leaving about a 1/4 inch cushion. 
 
 
 
 
 
Then I mixed beaten eggs, parmesan cheese, thawed and drained chopped spinach, chopped onion, and sea salt, and then piled it all back into the shells. Then I topped with some grated farmer cheese and put back in the oven until the cheese was nicely melted. This was really good and really filling! Nice way to get veggies.
 
Twice-Baked Acorn Squash
 
1 acorn squash
2 beaten eggs
6 oz spinach, thawed and drained (or fresh, chopped)
chopped onion to taste
parmesan to taste
sea salt to taste
about 3 oz shredded farmer cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment