Monday, December 17, 2012

Maple Glazed Acorn Squash

Pin It
Recently, I made a few side dishes from acorn squash. Actually, I just ate this for lunch all by itself, which is good, too! For this one, I just halved the squash, put the halves open-side down on a baking sheet, baked until tender, removed the seeds. 
 
 
 
 
While the squash was baking, I combined butter, pure maple syrup, sea salt, and chili powder, and let them boil down until they were syrupy and fairly thick. When the squash was done cooking, I drizzled the syrup all over the squash, then put it back in the oven for a while. You can put it under the broiler a few minutes if you are determined to keep a close eye on it.
 
I garnished with blended raw coconut ( you can use a good sour cream ) and chives. It was very yummy!
 
Maple Glazed Acorn Squash
 
1 acorn squash
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
dash of chili powder
dash of sea salt

No comments:

Post a Comment