Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thai Curry with Vegetables

Pin It


I'm finally getting around to posting my first experience with making my own Thai curry. It was delish!!! I can't give you an actual recipe, because, as usual, I just glanced over a recipe online to see what goes into it and then threw it all together according to taste. I did a combination of the red and yellow curry.

However, instead of using canned coconut water as the recipe called for, I used fresh coconut water with some young coconut flesh, as well. Also, I did not cook it, as directed in the recipe, but just blended it all up in my Vitamix and then added cooked veggies, which warmed it up a bit. So, the curry paste is actually a raw food (yay!).

I'm sure I used more ginger, garlic, and spices than the following recipe calls for. 















Curry Paste

1/2 to 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
1-2 yellow chilis
1-2 red chilis
2 shallots or small onion, sliced
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. turmeric
1/3 tsp. white pepper
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
Water and meat from one young coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment